Hello my friends! Oh my goodness....it seems like it's been forever since my last real blog post. I feel kinda out of the blog loop but I'm back now and hopefully my posts will be much more frequent. Although, I should mention that I'm currently running on dial-up and the frequency of my posts all depend on how long this first one takes me to do. To go from a cable modem back to dial-up is not easy and in fact makes me a bit cranky but hopefully it's only for a few months. We're waiting on the cable company to draw up a map and a quote so we can have the correct cables run.
I'm SOOOOO glad the move is over! Have I mentioned that yet?! I had forgotten how much work it is!
- unpacking every little and big thing we own and finding a place for them
- washing everything...all our belongings were in storage for over a year so all the dishes, towels, linens etc had to be washed
- painting...oh boy, can I just say that I was in way over my head with the painting...you'll see why below
Those 3 things alone are enough to wear anyone out not to mention all the other tedious things you have to do when you move into a new home...
- hang shelving in all the closets
- hang towel racks in each of the bathrooms
- buy and hang curtain rods and curtains in each room
- stock the fridge and pantry
- install ceiling fans
Ok- so the list could go on and on but I won't bore you all. And seriously, I am in no way complaining about all we've had to do. I've really enjoyed making our house a home and I'm loving it more and more each day. So very thankful for all we have....can never say that enough!
So how about a few pictures! These first few I'll share were taken before we moved in so they are bare but you can see the paint colors we chose! Let's just say the upstairs is very BOLD!!
B's room...Blue Bayou
K's room...Granny Smith Apple
Our room...Pumpkin Butter
My favorite room in the house...Farmhouse Red. I've ALWAYS wanted a red kitchen but boy, I didn't know how much work it would be to make it look good. After 1 coat of primer and 3 coats of paint I think it turned out just the way I wanted!!
I'll take some pics of the other rooms and get those posted soon! Thanks so much for stopping by today!